Advanced Training Systems
Advanced Training Systems (ATS) line of simulation-based driver training equipment and training methods provide true-to-life driving environments in a high-fidelity simulator platform, customizable to commercial transportation vehicles, motor coaches, heavy equipment, rural transit and military applications.
Simulation-based training is a proven enhancement for driver training and periodic assessment and reinforcement, allowing you to conduct practical real world training efficiently and safely in a comfortable and risk-free environment.
Simulation Training via Human-Centered Design
ATS simulators provide student-paced, expert guided, basic to advanced driver training for both non-synchronous heavy truck transmission shifting training, and automatic vehicle control.
Each ATS commercial vehicle simulator, whether based on a tractor-trailer or commercial equipment, provides true-to-life driving environments, shifting and backing practices and emergency preparedness in a high-fidelity simulator platform.
Using technology derived from the aerospace industry, ATS VR Simulator driver training is designed to function as a component of Quadrant Training Methodology which includes classroom, computer-based and simulator training in addition to training in a real truck. All of these are necessary to properly train vocational operators.
ShiftMaster – a Specific Task simulator that trains the student to properly master the shifting requirements of a truck that has a manual transmission. Shifting in large trucks is far more difficult than one would find in an automobile that has a manual shift transmission. The simulator system allows the student to be trained by the system without the need for an instructor.
TransMaster – the standard by which simulation platforms are judged, the TransMaster incorporates various aspects of any heavy truck model. Optioned to incorporate both passive-resistance and force-feedback steering along with exclusive classroom based content to effectively and constantly train tomorrows CDL Drivers.
Equipped with state-of-the-art technology, TransMaster provides effective, cost efficient training that focuses on student retention of shifting patterns, vehicle handling, and backing maneuvers.
FleetMaster – provides true-to-life driving environments in a high-fidelity simulator platform, customizable to commercial transportation vehicles, motor coaches, heavy equipment, rural transit and military applications.
The Benefits of ATS Simulation
- Human-centered design includes ATS’ patented transmission, actual pneumatic truck-seat, OEM Steering column and controls, and original OEM pedals to provide enhanced realism.
- User friendly driver and instructor interface and menus allow participants to select different combinations of vehicles, platforms, and scenario conditions.
- Reduce Vehicle Costs: Immediately minimize maintenance and wear on vehicles, as simulator training ensures more vehicles stay on the road.
- Create Fuel Efficiency: The use of ATS simulators allow schools to realize fuel savings through better fuel management training, practice, and implementation.
- Patented software and training techniques deliver efficient learning and reinforcement, emphasizing muscle memory and training objectives.
- Increase Driver Retention and Performance: Patented, efficient, and objective feedback on simulator performance gives drivers the skills and confidence both on the road and on the training yard.
- Self-guided, student-paced, introductory Computer Based Training (CBT)
- Richly textured computer graphics
- Interactive student practice sessions
- Simulated training scenarios
- Immediate feedback
- Guided best practices
- Audio coaching
- Learning management system (LMS)