Formlabs Form 3L 3D Printer
Small details, big results.
The Form 3L is an affordable large format 3D printer designed for professionals for fast turnaround of industrial-quality parts, printed using an advanced Low Force Stereolithography (LFS)™process.
With advanced Low Force Stereolithography (LFS)™ technology, Formlabs has completely re-engineered resin-based 3D printing to drastically reduce the forces of the print process. Low Force Stereolithography (LFS)™ uses a flexible tank and linear illumination to deliver groundbreaking print quality and printer reliability.
Blaze through large parts with two custom-designed Light Processing Units (LPUs). Two lasers simultaneously build large, dense parts fast.
The two staggered LPUs use a compact system of lenses and mirrors to deliver accurate, repeatable prints.
This provides three distinct advantages:
- Faster printing: The two LPUs work simultaneously along an optimized print path to efficiently blaze through parts of all sizes.
- Crisp, clean features: Each high-density laser passes through a spatial filter to guarantee a clean laser spot.
- Consistent precision: A parabolic mirror ensures that the laser prints perpendicular to the build plane, ensuring uniform print quality across the entire build platform.
Powerful, reliable print process.
Form 3L is built around the same powerful LFS process as the Form 3, for the same professional quality, ease of use, reliability, and versatility you’ve come to expect from Formlabs.
Cross-compatibility and uptime.
Use two of the same resin cartridges that are used by Form 2 and 3 to go longer without running out of resin. Use the same user-replaceable Light Processing Unit (LPU) as the Form 3.
Switch seamlessly between 20+ general purpose and specialty resins with the cross-compatible cartridge system.
Integrated sensors help maintain ideal print conditions and send you alerts about the state of your machine.
This provides for three distinct advantages:
- High material capacity: The Form 3L can hold two easy-to-switch resin cartridges, preventing interruptions during large print jobs.
- Closed-loop calibration: Optical sensors continuously correct for scale and power, and can even detect dust.
- User-replaceable components: The Light Processing Units, resin tank, rollers, and optics window can be replaced in-house, reducing the need for replacement printer shipments.