SOLIDWORKS – Online 3D Designer for Education
With the power of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, Educators can utilize the many apps included in 3D Designer for Education to organize and maintain their classes with customized dashboards, class announcements, dedicated cloud storage for each student class/team, and so much more. Students can connect, design, and learn in new ways, and have the freedom to choose their own devices – even Macs, tablets, and Chromebooks!
What’s included with 3D Designer for Education:
- Collaborative Business Innovator – Unites schools, educators, and students into a single framework for sustainable innovation.
- 3D Creator (xDesign) – Enables designers and engineers to create, review and evaluate 3D models through an easy-to-use SOLIDWORKS modeler.
- SOLIDWORKS Connector – Allows SOLIDWORKS Desktop and the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform to communicate bilaterally.
- 3D Sculptor (xShape) – Allows you to design 3D organic shapes quickly and easily with an intuitive cloud modeling solution.
- Collaborative Industry Innovator – Provides apps and tools to organize, manage, and collaborate on content in real time.
- Project Planner – Accelerates idea to completion by connecting team members together through a flexible, team-based schedule to meet key milestones and delivery dates.
Cloud-Based Capabilities of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
With its growing app portfolio and secure cloud technology, the 3DEXPERIENCE platform enables you to manage all facets of your product development process while reducing infrastructure costs, IT overhead, software maintenance and complexity. All 3DEXPERIENCE solutions work together seamlessly making data management, sharing and collaboration easy. 3D Designer can take advantage of the following platform capabilities:
- View, share, annotate, discuss and manage designs from anywhere, at any time and on any device online with a web browser.
- Avoid rework and data translation errors through seamless interaction with SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD and other 3DEXPERIENCE design tools such as 3D Sculptor.
- Enable design and engineering students to collaborate more closely through a seamless connection with SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD.
- Collaborate with all internal and external team members through cloud-based dashboards, messaging, activity streams, communities and drag-and-drop task management.
- Securely manage your data and all facets of your product development process on the platform.
- Control revisions with specialized tools, cementing industry best practices to use after graduation.