UltiMaker Method XL 3D Printer
Introducing the UltiMaker Method XL 3D Printer. Able to produce large, accurate parts using industrial-grade materials, the Method XL is the ultimate ABS 3D printing solution. Designed specifically for engineering applications, the Method XL has an extensive material selection (including carbon fiber and open source options), a heated build chamber, integrated HEPA and Carbon filters, and separate material station perfect for humidity control.
Large-Scale. Precision 3D Prints. Competitive Pricing.
The UltiMaker Method XL is the latest in the line of popular Method 3D printers. With thoughtful design and consideration, UltiMaker has developed the Method XL to fit the specific needs of engineers and other creators that require a precision desktop system at a reasonable price.
Bigger and Better Features
Multiple new features allow the Method XL to print large scale, high quality parts that are both strong and dimensionally accurate.
- The expanded build volume of 12 x 12 x 12.6 in (305 x 305 x 320 mm) gives you the freedom to design and print large engineering parts with ease.
- The new heated build chamber and plate controls the temperature, ensuring a stable and consistent printing environment. The result is unparalleled layer adhesion and reduced warping – allowing for greater detail and precise print results.
- Breathe freely knowing that the exhaust passes through both HEPA and carbon filters.
- The 5-in-1 modular extruders can be quickly swapped between material groups, preventing cross-contamination.
- Post-processing is a breeze with the water-soluble support material that dissolves quickly and easily in plain tap water.
- A structurally-optimized rigid metal frame runs the full length of the body to offset flexing. Less flexing means more consistent prints with better part accuracy and fewer failures.
The UltiMaker Method series: Reliable 3D printers, production-grade materials, and connected 3D printing software ecosystem that can create durable and complex parts with ease.
|Technology||Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)|
|Print Head||Dual-extrusion print head with swappable extruders|
|Build Volume (XYZ)||Dual Extrusion 12 x 12 12.6 in (305 x 305 x 320 mm)|
|Layer Resolution||0.40 mm nozzle: 400 - 100 micron|
|Dimensional Accuracy||+/- 0.2mm or +/-.002mm of travel (whichever is greater)*|
|XYZ Resolution||11.25 micron for XY, 0.625 micron for Z|
|Max Chamber Temp||100 °C|
|Build Plate||Flexible build plate, heated up to 105 °C|
|Integrated Air Filters||HEPA and carbon filters|
|Nozzle Diameter||0.4 mm|
|Filament Diameter||1.75 mm|
|Operating Sound||57.1 +/- dB|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi (2.4GHz + 5GHz), LAN, USB port|
|Dimensions||Printer: W 25.8 x D 22.2 x H 32.1 in (W 655 x D 565 x H 815 mm)
Material Case: W 8.8 x D 12.9 x H 12.6 in (W 223 x D 328 x H 319 mm)
|Net Weight||Printer: 125 lb (56.5 kg)
Material Case: 4.2 lb (1.9 kg)
|Free Supplied Software||CloudPrint|
|Supported OS||MacOS, Windows, and Linux|
|Warranty Period||12 motnhs|
|*Based on internal testing of selected geometries.|